For the previous year of my life, I had a cell phone. That year of my life was one of the worst. It was terrible and I had that cell phone for all of it. That year is over and I smashed that phone with a hammer. The whole time I smashed that phone with a hammer, I thought of all the horrible phone calls I got on that phone, all the stupid text messages, every disappointing voice mail. I will never have to hear another person's voice on that phone ever again. I won't have to ignore someone's call or be ignored on that phone anymore. Every single horrible communication that went through that phone is gone forever. That phone no longer holds the memories of the past year. There is no phonebook, no inbox. That phone, which facilitated so much bad news, so many mistakes, is gone. That year and that phone brought me down every day. I will never hold that phone all night waiting for a call. That phone will never ring again. That phone will never show me no one called again. That phone will never sit in my pocket, silent. That phone is never going to let me say the wrong thing and that phone is never going to let anyone hurt me. No one will ever try to reach me on that phone ever again to tell me something I don't want to hear. No one will ever use that phone to ruin me for a year. That year is over. That phone is gone. I smashed that phone with a hammer.I did it at about 1:30 p.m. in my apartment with a few of my friends watching. My friend Jose filmed the event and took pictures of my phone afterwards. Once I get the video squared away, I'll post that, but for now, you can look at what I did to my phone. link to photos
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
>>Day 25 : Performance Art
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I find this offensive on many levels.
Post a Comment